Industrial ice maker is used to produce ice for public consumption. Ice production has long been common in Iran and is now being produced and distributed in the ice market in the form of a 25kg mold.
Production of this type of ice takes place in open molds and takes at least 4 hours per cycle. Ice molds are contained within the brine tank and the traffic of people and dust in air contaminates the generated ice to a variety of bacteria and other external materials. This contamination is added during the production and taking ice during the transportation and distribution phase. Especially when outbreaks of communicable diseases, great dangers threats consumers.
Nowadays, in the developed countries of the world, the production of molded ice is traditionally obsolete, and instead of it, all types of automatic ice makers that produce ice without manual intervention and for a short period of time.
The ice produced by these machines is filled in plastic with an automatic machine and packaged given to consumers.
This type of ice is also available in supermarkets or grocery stores. This type of ice packing is widely used in tourist and pilgrimage cities, travel trains, restaurants, hotels, and other ice destinations.
Ice produced by automated machines is in a variety of forms, including Tube Ice and Plate Ice and Flake Ice, the type of pipe or glass that is more suitable for general use. In the following, briefly types of hygienic automatic ice makers are described and their benefits are described.
It is important to note that existing molded ice plants can replace this type of sanitary ice maker with ice water tank and ice molds by maintaining their own refrigeration systems and convert them to a fully hygienic type at less cost. It is important to note that in the case of supplying ice in a molded form, it can convert the ice produced into a 25kg mold of ice using ice compactor machine which is described in detail below without any manual intervention and A fully hygienic method. Most importantly, by this change in the ice production system, 50% is saved in water consumption and 30% in electricity consumption.
Ice maker machines offered by this company are as follows
– Chip Ice Machine
– Flake Ice Machine
– Flow Ice Machine
– Ice Machine of All Kinds of Hygiene Ice
– Ice Machine of Hygiene Block Ice
Ice production capacities range from 500 kg / h to 50000 kg / h for each ice maker, and by combining them, higher capacity can be achieved.
The choice of each type of ice maker depends on the type of ice application and, if this case is specified, the appropriate ice maker factory will be recommended.
The major uses of fine ice are
– Food industry
– Processing of seafood such as fish and shrimp
– Poultry hunting grounds
– Chemical industry
– Construction industries including cooling concrete
– This type of ice maker is also supplied with ice silo container and ice transport and transportation equipment.
– Ice puree is used as a quick cooler for instant cooling of fish and shrimp and other foods.
– Tube-shaped ice as a fully hygienic ice with automatic production can be used as pack for general use to cool water and beverages or to keep food cool in all cases including when traveling.
– Mold ice is used to cool food products indirectly and is mainly loaded in fishing ports in traditional fishing lanes and used to cool caught products.
– Ice maker machine work with a variety of refrigerants, including ammonia refrigerant.
Types of hygiene and automatic ice maker
– CYLINDER (TUBE) ICE
– PLATE ICE
– Automatic Ice Packaging
– ICE COMPACTOR
– The capacity of this type of ice maker in an ice maker machine is from 2 to 4 tons of ice and by combining a number of ice makers, it can increase the capacity to the extent required.
– The application of tube ice is very extensive and can be used in all cases where ice is needed.
Examples of uses of this type of ice are listed below
– Food industry
– Fisheries Industry
– Poultry slaughterhouses
– Livestock slaughterhouses
– Chemical industry
– Air catering and flight lines
– Hotels and restaurants
– Traveler and tourist
– Other applications
Mechanism of Tube Ice
The main part of the ice maker is ice generator which consists of a series of special stainless steel vertical tubes and a water tank. The special device for distributing water at the top of each tube causes a uniform spill and rotation of water from top to bottom. Excess water from the tubes is collected in the water tank under the ice maker machine and pumped back to the upper tank.
The automatic operation of the ice maker machine consists of two main tasks: one is freezing for producing ice and the other is taking ice. The operation is continuous and ensures uniform production of high quality ice. Tube ice is formed inside the evaporator tubes and is produced as a small hollow cylindrical shape about 42 x 38 mm. The refrigerant fluid is usually ammonia, which is boiling between the two walls of the evaporator tubes. The machine automatically operates on a certain schedule and removing and taking ice is done with hot gas flow in the middle wall of the tubes.
As the tube ice drops down, it crushes a rotating blade of cylindrical ice about 50 mm in the desired and regulated size. Silo ice transfer is usually automatic and therefore does not require the intervention of the hand and labor force. The evaporator temperature of this type of ice maker is between -8 and -10, and therefore requires less energy to produce ice. Ice storage is carried out in a suitable silo and for longer storage of ice, temperatures of -5 degrees Celsius are recommended for ice storage.
Comparison of tube ice maker with molded ice maker
– Consumption of less electricity than molded ice, this type of ice maker consumes 30% less energy than molded ice makers.
– Lack of refrigeration losses due to removal of intermediate fluid (water and salt) and proximity of water to the refrigerant fluid.
– Consumption of tube ice maker water is as large as the weight of ice produced, considering the loss of large amounts of water in molded ice maker, it can be said, and it consumes at least 50% less water.
– It has a very low base structure than the ice maker. To compare a pipe ice maker requires a capacity of 3 tons to 2 square meters under construction, whereas a molded ice maker requires a capacity of 2 square meters under construction.
– It has a very low infrastructure than the molded ice machine. To compare tube ice machine in capacity of 50 tons, 30 square meters of infrastructure is required, whereas a molded ice machine requires a mold with capacity of 200 square meters infrastructure.
– Unlike molded ice machine, it does not require manpower for loading and unloading ice and works automatically.
– All ice making parts are made of stainless steel and therefore the life of the machine is unlimited.
– Ice production is in indoor space and without interference of hand and therefore, it is completely hygienic. However, as you know, molded ice machines are evaluated for being open of molds, contact with worker, or for contaminated foreign materials.
– This type of ice machine works many years without the need for repair and the cost of maintenance are relatively low compared to molded ice machines that become decayed and degraded after a short time.
Produced ice can be automatically packaged in nylon bags and delivered to the consumer in a completely hygienic way and in different sizes.
– The quality of ice produced from water used for ice making is much better because impurities are driven to the center and exits from the ice and the tube ice is almost crystalline ice.
The above cases are part of the benefits of tube ice maker over traditional molded ice makers.
– Due to the ammonia workability, this type of ice maker can be connected to the refrigeration system in existing molded ice units and immediately start producing ice. By removing molds, tanks and other molded ice maker equipment is also released.
– If desired, this type of ice can be converted to the desired dimensions after production by hydraulic press in the form of molded ice.
Automatic ice packaging
Tube ice after production is usually packaged in plastic bags for distribution. Packaging is essential for maintaining the quality of ice. The weight of ice packs in the lightweight group is from 1 to 2/2 kg and the heavy type is from 10 to 25 kg. Lightweight packages can be packaged in larger bags. The plastic used in the packaging is polyethylene or PE, which is placed in packaging device as tape and the bag filling and sewing process is done fully automatically with the machine.
This machine is used to produce ice in thickness of 3 to 12 mm and 3 x 4 cm irregular flat surface.
The features of this ice maker are as follows:
– Production of completely hygienic ice
– All components and parts of the machine are made of stainless steel.
– High efficiency due to the vertical movement of the refrigerant fluid on the device plates
– Ability to build a complete unit with all refrigeration equipment
– Simple and reliable operation
– Ice conveyor is available and can be provided.
– This type of ice maker works with a variety of refrigerants, especially ammonia refrigerant.
Ice production capacity
This type of ice maker can produce from 5 to 80 tons of ice per day and a number of it can be used for need to more ice.
How to produce and take ice
The water is pumped from the lower ice tank to the upper distribution tray and then poured into the ice maker plates, where the refrigerant fluid is boiling and evaporating at -15 ° C. The layers of water are turned into ice and, after reaching the desired thickness that can be adjusted, are separated from the working state by changing cycle to the defrosted state by entering hot gas to the plates, and the ice is poured down. Ice plates are converted into smaller pieces by pouring on crushing blades and poured into ice silo where they can be transported to the desired location by the conveyor.
Application of place ice
This type of ice has a variety of uses, including:
– Food industry
– Fisheries Industry
– Poultry slaughter
– chemical industry
– Concreting in concrete structures
– Other applications
This type of ice can also be converted into molded ice if desired after production by hydraulic press.